MEMBER SUPPORT AND DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE
OBJECTIVE: Identify industry and small business needs and provide resources to meet those needs.
- Promote small businesses by sponsoring "Business of the Month 2017", including small business luncheon and fair during the month of September. Present annual Small Business of the Year award at the Chamber Annual Meeting in January.
- Profile and spotlight businesses on the Chamber Facebook and Website.
- Partner with member businesses to host business after hours/before hours networking events.
- Sponsor four (4) seminars annually of benefit to the business community (examples):
o Web page design and maintenance
o Workers Compensation/General Liability for small business owners
o DOT requirements for CDL drivers
o Preparing a business plan
- Host a Membership Appreciation Day
OBJECTIVE: Increase awareness of the economic impact of agriculture and promote rural development in Early County
- Nominate Early County citizens for awards such as Georgia Centennial Farms of the Year, Agricultural Producer of the Year.
- Recognize "Agricultural Producer of the Year" and "Georgia Centennial Farms of the Year" at the annual meeting.
- Identify need for a local community famrers market and implement (www.agr.georgia.gov)
OBJECTIVE: To promote activities, events and natural resources that attracts visitors to Early County.
- Partner with Historic Chattahoochee Commission to create awareness of agricultural, genealogical, nature based, cultural and recreational tourism along the Chattahoochee River - seek grant funding from the commission to promote tourism and market the county.
- Develop and distribute tourism brochures promoting Early County attractions:
o Promote hunting and fishing in Early County
o Promote and support Kolomoki Mounds State Park
o Promote and create awareness of the Early County Museum
o Promote and create awareness of the "Coheelee Creek Bridge"
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE
GOAL: To encourage community cohesion and develop leadership to affect positive change
OBJECTIVE: To provide Early Countyand the region with a resource of leadership to help guide the future.
- Secure grant dollars for Youth Leadership in the fall 2015
- Secure in-kind contributions from Early County businesses
- Raise level of commitment for those desiring to be involved in Youth Leadership
- Have a productive Leadership Early Alumni Association from all prior leadership class graduates
OBJECTIVE: Support and enhance quality education and further training needed by business and industry within the community.
ACTION ITEMS (ongoing)
- Sponsor STAR Student/Teacher program in all high schools in Early County
o $200 in Chamber certificattes to STAR Student selected teachers (2x $100)
o $100 to send winners, parents and teacher to area luncheon
- Sponsor Education Appreciation activities including advertising in the newspaper
- Sponsor the Thomas B. McDowell Scholarship in Early County
- Sponsor and support high school club(s) in partnership with Rotary to promote leadership and volunteerism among young adults
OBJECTIVE: To facilitate the long term economic viability of Early County through cooperative efforts and establishment of common goals between the private and public sectors.
- Coordinate a local community-wide legislative election forum
ENTREPRENEURIAL SMALL BUSINESS AND RETAIL DEVELOPMENT
OBJECTIVE: To promote and enhance the entrepreneurial, small and retail climate in Blakely and Early County.
- Promote the Certified Work Ready initiative
- Promote Early County's Entrepreneur Friendly status
- Explore reorganizing the merchant association
- Coordinate and promote special days such as "First Friday" with local merchant
GOAL: Create the best Chamber of Commerce possible
OBJECTIVE: Build the Chamber's membership base through recruitment of new members and retention of current ones.
- Conduct an annual membership drive to increase membership by 10%
- Seek to increase membership retention by 10%
- Continue the Business After Hours and Business Before Hours membership mixers quarterly
- Email Chamber members with seminar information (i.e. Bainbridge college courses of interest and Chamber sponsored seminars)
- Participate in Chamber member grand openings, ribbon cuttings and ground breakings upon paid membership by investor
- Produce the Chamber's newsletter, newspaper ads, broadcast email communications and produce an annual membership directory to be included in the Program of Work and make available to members
- Provide member listing on Chamber website
- Explore additional membership development and networking opportunities for both the larger membership base as well as defined segments suc as young professionals and women business owners
OBJECTIVE: Plan and conduct fund raisers to meet specific budgetary needs and to financially support programs and initiatives sponsored by the Chamber.
- Plan an coordinate other fundraisers (Goal $3,600)
- Plan and coordinate Bingo Night to be held in October (Goal $2,500)
- Investigate other fundraiser endeavors for future use
BUILDING & EQUIPMENT
OBJECTIVE: Assess, preserve and maintain the Chamber building, furnishings and equipment
- Support and promote Chamber space for business rental per the rental policy
OBJECTIVE: Ensure open communication concerning Chamber programs, services and activities.
- Prepare and distribute newsletter quarterly to membership
- Enhance and maintain web page to be a more effective communication tool
- Prepare news releases to alert the public of Chamber programs, services, activities and recognitions
ADHOC COMMITTEE: Chairman of the Board, acting on advice from the Vice-Chairs and President shall select all ad oc committee members.
GOAL: To recognize outstanding membrs of the community and to show appreciation for member support.
OBJECTIVE: Prepare for Annual Meeting
- Plan and conduct Annual Meeting for all Chamber members to be held the last Thursday in January
OBJECTIVE: Plan and conduct the annual Administrative Professional's Day to be held in April
OBJECTIVE: Prepare for annual Independence Day Celebration
- Plan and conduct the annual Independence Day celebration and fireworks display to be held in July
- Identify venue
- Select fireworks vendor
- Coordinate security
- Seek permits
OBJECTIVE: Prepare for the annual "Christmas on the Square" Celebration
- Plan and conduct the annual "Christmas on the Square" celebration the first Saturday in December
- Promote to vendors
- Coordinate security plan parade
OBJECTIVE: Evaluate the performance of the President of the Chamber and give feedback on ways to improve
- Select date and time for review